TEACHER OF MODERN FOREIGN LANGUAGES
Required for September 2020
The college is seeking a well-qualified, innovative and enthusiastic specialist to join our MFL department. Successful applicants would be required to teach primarily French at key stages 3 and 4: the ability to offer a second language, ideally German or Spanish would be an advantage. NQTs and experienced teachers are all equally welcome to apply.
The successful candidate will be:
● committed to providing the very best learning opportunities for their students
● able to challenge all students to make exceptional progress
● a strong team player who forms excellent relationships with staff, parents and students
● willing to support the strong Catholic ethos of our college
We can offer you:
● a warm and welcoming college with excellent links to parish communities
● enthusiastic and well-behaved students who are eager to learn
● supportive, hardworking staff, governors and parents
● opportunities to further your professional development
Our 2018 Ofsted inspection found that we continue to be a good school, that pupils behaved well and like coming to school. Student attainment at GCSE in the core subjects of English and mathematics, and in science and humanities subjects, is well above average. St Benedict’s is a great place to be and I’m delighted that you are interested in applying to be part of our team.
The governing body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all young people and expects all staff to share that commitment. The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check. Applications will only be accepted on the college application form.
We would be delighted to arrange an informal discussion; please contact Mrs Lorraine Hunt (Head of Department), on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further details and an application pack are available on the college website, www.stbenedicts.essex.sch.uk or from Mrs Angela Jones, HR administrator: telephone 01206 549222; fax 01206 579342; e-mail email@example.com.
Closing date: Midday on 11th May 2020 and virtual interviews w/c 15th May 2020.
Early applications are encouraged. If there is a sufficiently strong field, the college may choose to interview before the closing date.